Sunday, August 24, 2008

Are You Ready to Be Extraordinary?

See my upcoming essay on the success of writing.

Who said writing is just for individuals with college degrees? Well, these days writing is everywhere and on everything. I, myself, am an aspiring screenwriter, novelist and blog writer.

I wrote my first story at the age of twelve, but it wasn't until I was fourteen when I wrote my first full length short story of fifty- three pages called "Hide and Seek."

So, here is a rule to writing absolutely anything you want, take this as a stepping stone.

Rule # 1: Buy a journal, a reasonable size so it's easier to carrier when your on the go.

Years ago, I read a short story in the acclaimed book, "Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul," and this rule literally blew me away:

Write one page, everyday, for 365 days and you will have your first of many autobiographies.

Take it into consideration. Don't forget to look for my Writing to Success Essay coming soon.

Javier

No comments: